Monday, October 5, 2015

Sunday October 4th, 2015

I spent my day hiding from the inevitable that was to come the following day.  I had grand plans of working toward my goals but instead binge watched Girl Meets World and American Dad.  I did read some of Willa Cather's Sapphira and the Slave Girl, but only a whopping 19 pages.  I also spent some time cleaning up my computer and finding my writing and putting it into a folder.  My television time wasn't fruitless however.  As my most prominent writing idea at the moment is a middle grade fiction story binge watching a show aimed at that age proved to have some interest to me.  I also found myself pondering how a show designed for tweens could make me so emotional.  The answer lies in the parents, characters from my past, and how they were intertwined in the stories.  It's interesting how a show designed to interest youth could captivate an adult. A book could do the same.  more readers will be reached if there is something in the book for adults too, and not in the questionable content meaning.  As I related to Cory and Topanga both in age and in prior knowledge i related to characters from the old Degrassi when i watched the new Degrassi.  While a new writer can't create nostalgic characters concepts could be relatable to parents without being hidden jokes making something interesting to both parents and the intended audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment