Monday, October 19, 2015

My reading folly

My house is completely full of books. There are books on shelves in almost every room of the house with the exception being the kitchen and one of the bathrooms.  There are stacks of books that I'm in the middle of a nightstand and on an armoire in my bedroom. My husband me that I buy more books that I can read it any given time but I disagree. Never knowing when I might need a specific type of inspiration or what type of book would best suit what I'm working on right now I find it better to have an arsenal of books in my home. Truthfully my biggest regret is that I have a storage unit that has boxes of books that haven't made it to our home yet. Now I recognize I can't buy every book and the public library is somewhere I spend a lot of time. Even there I check out more books that I could actually read in any given check out. But, I check out a variety of books from a variety of different genres. I've made an effort when buying books to make sure that I'm not just buying The books by author's I like and in the genres I'm familiar with but that I look for books in new Shabbos and buy new authors because they have something new to teach me.  Because of this love however the goals I set for myself to read proportionately to what I'm writing have been very difficult to achieve because as much as I love writing I love reading sometimes more.  That's not to say I don't want to write I want to write to give someone something to read that gives them the same joy that I got from reading someone else's work.  The bookcase posted below is one of eight floor-to-ceiling size bookcases complemented by nine bookcases that are 4 feet tall and stacks everywhere throughout the house.  I apologize for the mess on top of the bookcases currently is residual wedding things on top of the bookcases believe it or not more books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment