Thursday, April 7, 2016

April 7 update

First I want to apologize for not having posted in a long time. I'm not going to make excuses as that would be a waste of your time to read.  I'm excited to report that I am doing camp NaNoWriMo this month. My goal is to write 10 short stories in different genres making sure that I also write from different points of view. As of today I only have one done I've got a ways to go. This month I am also taking the Praxis. For the last month and a half I've been going to the Omaha writers workshop and I'm actually finding myself a little discouraged. I love writing and love telling stories but I have less of a talent and less of a skill for it than I thought at least that's what it's feeling like from the feedback I'm getting from the people of the group. I am under no circumstances saying they are being mean rather there's just not that much positive to say about my writing.  I am not however discouraged enough to not write it just tells me that if writing is something I'm going to do I have a lot more work ahead of me.  At this point, it's work I'm willing to do. It does mean however that it may be longer than anticipated before someone sees anything of substance from me and anything is actually published because at this point despite having a number of completed works they need significantly more revision to be publication ready. I'm not going to change my April goal however I'm going to enjoy April as an opportunity to explore different genres following April I will pinpoint something specific to work on in my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment