Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2nd Update

Since my last post I have used the following resources
Working through the writer’s devotional
I took the endless Ideas course through Creative Writing Now
Having joined the Omaha writers workshop I will be catching up on the three books the group is working though this year.
I have read the following
            I’m reading The Galaxy Game by Karen Lord
I have worked on the following
            A snowflake for my first attempt at a mystery.  As I continue to work on the snowflake my mystery has evolved into something which resembles more of a suspense mystery.
            Since I feel most comfortable as a student I’ve created a syllabus for this week and will continue to create syllabi for myself.  My writing buddy is also working on her own syllabus and we are holding each other accountable by sending each other our homework.
            The first week didn’t go as well as I would have hoped since I started some new medication which made me sick.  I’m hoping I can do better through the month of May.

Thoughts
A devotional exercise suggested limiting the verbs used to describe dialogue to just four; said, replied.
I’m going to try to work on writing in may as a 20 hour a week job.  This will allow me to both focus on writing and continue looking for a teaching job.

April NaNoWriMo camp didn’t go as well as I’d hoped but I did succeed in writing outside my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment