Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19th update

I have read the following
            This book didn’t feature as many repetitions of the word teen as the previous book in this series I reviewed did.  This book read more naturally. For that reason it is more likely to maintain the attention of the readers the author wants to attract.  Chapters are short yet powerful making every word count.  An abundant appendix follows providing links to further readings in a variety of formats. 

            A horrifying tale beautifully written with powerful illustrations. Sax used limited words which makes each word that much more significant.  Words, images, and pages with few to no words speak volumes.  While the protagonist isn’t a real person the experiences described are.  A must read for children and adults. 

Hawksong (The Kiesha'ra #1)

by  (Goodreads Author)
            This book has been on my to read list for a long time.  I’m thrilled that I got to it because it was a wonderful read.  I’m excited to get to read more. The Charaacters aer captivating, the lore is beautiful, and the plot is enthralling.  This book has great moral lessons for young ald old readers alike.

            A heartfelt crafted story which tells of the horrors of slavery in language all ages can grasp and hear without such graphic detail the book would deserve an R rating.  This fictionalized story allows readers to see into the live of slaves without giving children too harsh of a taste early on.  readers can read this story and make connections between this fictionalized character and what they have learned about slavery up to this pint as well as creating a sounding board for future history lessons.  The wood cut illustrations are a fabulous addition to this book.


I have worked on the following
I completed the first ten pages of my first screenplay which will be featured in this years annual Bits of Scrips program. Otherwise I have continued to work on personal development and revision. I revised an edition of The Adventures of Gwen and Brooke and submitted it to the Nebraska 150th anthology.
I’m working on the following

I’m continuing to work on my first screenplay with the placeholder title of The Otis Journey. I’d like to have it ready for submission for next year’s Omaha Film Festival however if it’s not ready I’m prepared to accept that I will have it ready for the submission deadline for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment